Friday, November 19, 2010

WELCOME TO FSS. 26 YEARS IN THE MAKING!

V.1
We are all Fashion Scouts. We scout fashion on a daily basis. Whether we look through fashion magazines, shop on line, form an opinion about a friends outfit and even look through our own closet for what to wear, we all scout fashion, I just happen to make a living at it. I'm part Fortune Teller, part Private Investigator and in constant pursuit for newness in the LA fashion scene!  I won't bore you with all my resume details but I have been employed by the LA Fashion Industry for the past 18 years and have been a die hard fashion girl from early on. I had my own clothing company and have worked for some amazing companies over the years designing Jr. and contemporary dresses which are now turning up as very hot items in vintage stores, OUCH!
Since hanging up my croque and sketch pad I have been lucky enough to partner up with an amazing women who together we actually make a living at scouting fashion. Stores pay us for our opinion, insights, information and relationships. They pay us to find them "the next big thing." Exciting, yes! Glamorous, sometimes! Interesting, inspiring and fun, always!
While much of my fashion scout information cannot be displayed publicly due to risks of items being copied by other manufacturers, people are always asking me questions which I can easily answer. What's in for spring? What's the new hot item going to be? What is the color of the season? I always have an answer, hopefully the right one.
Fashion Scout Style was created so I can now shout the answers from the roof tops, to a larger crowd of people who can't meet me in the carpool line or at a birthday party and pick my brain for free advise. It was created because so many people asked me, pleaded with me to do one and I can't resist sharing my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment